Healthy 7 Layer Mexican Dip Recipe for Monday Night Football:)
*4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup refried beans, heated if desired
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup canned black beans, heated if desired
- 6 ounces lean ground beef
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers (not packed in oil) chopped
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheese
- 3 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix, dry
- salt, black pepper, lime juice to taste
- Combine half of the tomatoes with all of the onions. Season to taste with salt, black pepper, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Place lean ground beef in a non-stick skillet sprayed with non-stick spray and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Drain meat and place back in the pan. Add remaining tomatoes taco seasoning and 2 tbsp. of water and cook over medium heat while stirring until mixed and heated.
- In a large dish, layer ingredients in this order: lettuce, refried beans, tomato/onion mix, sour cream, black beans, “meat” mixture, shredded cheese, and red peppers.
Per Serving: 1 cup, Calories: 125, Fat: 1g, Carbs: 19g, Fiber: 8g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 12g