Sunday, November 13, 2011
Garbanzo beans (chickpeas) -1 can
Extra Virgin Olive oil "cold press" - 4 tbsp
Tahini (ground sesame seeds) - 4 tsp
Seasoned salt (herbamare) - pinch
Fresh Garlic- to taste
Water - splash
~Next lets start by: Add ½ can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), cilantro ,garlic, olive oil,
tahini, seasoned salt and lemon to blender.
Blend till a paste consistency. Now add a splash of water or lemon
the other ½ can of beans and blend again. Next add herbs or
spices of choice then mix.
Provided by www.austinxfit.com : Your Fitness Expert & Nutrition Consultant.
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Gluten Free Turkey Chili
2 1/3 TBSP olive oil
3 1/2 pounds ground turkey
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 large white onion, chopped
1/2 habanero chile, seeded and very finely chopped
1/4 cup chile powder
1 1/2 TSP ground cumin
1/4 TSP cayenne pepper
2 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped with their juices
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
1 (12-ounce) bottle gluten free beer like Bard’s
2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Corn tortilla chips, f
Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
Sour cream, for serving
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey, onions, habanero and cook until meat is no longer pink. In a 6-quart Crock-Pot, combine turkey, onion mixture, chile powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper; stir to combine. Add tomatoes, cilantro, and beer; cover and cook on high, stirring occasionally, for 5 hours. Add kidney beans and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, uncovered, until thickened, about 30 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve with desired toppings. Or may use pan to cut time of cooking:)
Provide by www.austinxfit.com
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Need a energy booster mid morning or mid afternoon? Try Tim Energy Enforcer to make those deadlines or workouts to the next level!
-1/2cup Mango optional for smoothie
-1/2 cup fresh or frozen organic strawberries or raspberries
-1/2 cup fresh or organic frozen blueberries
-1 cup Pineapple OJ organics frozen or liquid
-1/3 to 1/2 cup Orkos organic low-fat vanilla yogurt
-2 cup ice
Calories 258 of quality calories:)!Sugar is natural don't stress on it:)
Provided by www.austinxfit.com your personal training needs & nutritional consulting.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Water is a great tool for losing weight,especially for the summer days..
-More importantly water helps your body metabolize stored fat by helping the kidneys flush out toxins waste.
-When the body receives in sufficient water the liver which works to provide stored fat for energy switches to helping the kidneys, because of this extra burden becomes less efficient at metabolizing fat.-Many huger pangs are simply thirst signals linked to dehydration, so by drinking lots of fresh water throughout the day you will avoid these hunger cravings.
-Drinking two liters of iced water a day burns about 70 calories,The body has to work harder to raise that waters temperature to your body's temperature and this burns fat stored.
1) Try drinking one glass of water before each meal to calm the body down for over eating as well as self-control.
2) It will help increase the Metabolic rate before each meal.
3) Ur food will be easy to get out of the stomach for digestion rather than sitting and Harden focusing a longer stay in the GI tract possibly storing for adipose fat.
4) Remember water consume more than 70% of our body's male or females.
5) It purifies the body from toxic products (cosmetics ,food,beverages)
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Tim Power Smoothie
Great for Breakfast to start the day or before you hit the gym want to Power thru a Intense Workout try it!
-Good morning Smoothie & Pre-workout
Ingredients : 4 items
1) 8-10oz Organic milk or may sub it 1cup organic non-fat yogurt (orkos)
2) 1 tablespoon Organic peanut your choice or Almond Butter
3) 1 Medium Banana
4) 1 cup of Ice
Blend it :)
Nutritional Calories under 245,fat 9, 18 protein,23 carbs,
- sugar is natural sugar don't stress on it! :)
*option add any fat-burners or vitamins that you take that are liquid.
*option may use chocolate organic milk
Provide by www.austinxfit.com your personal training needs & nutritional consulting.
Have a Great Day! :)
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Working with clients that suffer from cedar,its time to battle back...Try using natural products that will help strengthen the body immune system. Provide by www.austinxfit.com
-natural antihistamines that are quite effective.1st) Increase your dietary intake of omega 3 oils. Omega 3 oils have the effect of calming our immune system so that we don't respond to pollens so actively. Cold-water fish such as salmon, tuna, haddock, and sardines are great sources. I also recommend a tablespoon of fish oil as a supplemental source of omega 3 oils.
2nd)quercetin, a compound found in apples, onions and garlic. I have found that 350 mg, three times a day, is quite effective.
3rd)Supplements that work well with quercetin are tumeric, bromelain, and boswellia. I recommend a product called BCQ, which has all four of these ingredients. Reducing allergies with BCQ has been one of my nutritional success stories.
Understand that nutrients do not act like drugs. They work best when taken over a long time. So give them a running start in preparation of cedar fever time.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
If you Love Tortilla soup try a healthier version!
This type of tortilla soup will slow-cook in a cooker.It
will give it more flavor an texture from chicken due to the slow
process of cooking it.
-1 whole free-range chicken (about 3 1/2 pounds) rinsed, giblets discarded
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed or fresh Tomatoes measure
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped or add more ur choice:)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (14.o ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen organic corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or add more ur choice :)
- Brown rice
- Reduce fat shredded cheese, no whole cheese
- Fresh avocado
- Add can Black beans, for more flavor
- choose any spices you think will enhance it
- Place chicken, enchilada sauce, tomatoes,green chiles,onion, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in chicken broth & water, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- By Organic Tortilla Chips to add
Enjoy by www.austinxfit.com